L O V E H E A L S
BLOOM BANGOR is a community empowering women to live free from addiction and violence.
Our program launched in early 2016 and is modeled after the successful Magdalene Nashville Program also known as Thistle Farms, which was founded in 1997. The programs are designed not just to help a subculture of women, but to help change the culture itself. The organizations stand in solidarity with women who are recovering from sexual abuse, violence, and life on the streets, and who have paid dearly for a culture that buys and sells women like commodities.
Bloom Bangor provides:
- Two years of housing
- A community based on our motto "love heals"
- Help to residents to live honest, sober, and self-sufficient lives
- Educational and vocational opportunities
- Fostering of self-understanding through personal and spiritual growth counseling
- Life-skill building and maintenance education
- Opportunities to work toward economic self-sufficiency through Bloom Creative Studio and other business partners
- access to medical and dental care
Bloom Bangor's programs advocate living gracefully in community with one another. New residents are given a key and are offered the necessary resources to maintain recovery, heal from childhood wounds, become physically healthy and find employment. Residents, graduates, staff and volunteers share daily tasks, offer hospitality, build upon each other's strengths, and provide compassionate, disciplined support.
You help a vulnerable woman start over when you attend an event or make a purchase at our social enterprise, Bloom Creative Studio. See what's happening here and sign up for an upcoming workshop or paint party. We also welcome and greatly appreciate your financial gifts. Click here to support us financially via our secure online donation page. All gifts are 100% tax deductible.